Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Yes I'm still bitching

It's true, I haven't posted in forever and my last post was bitching about my husband and so's this one. Maybe it's hormones. I'm 9 mths pregnant, just 2 weeks and 2 days out from my due date. Perhaps it's just the mass of chemicals taking over my brain, making me less tolerant and more crazy, but sometimes I just want to punch him in the face! And I'm not a violent person. I've never punched anyone in the face ever. Maybe that's my problem. Maybe the lack of punching is why I want to punch someone so badly now. I should join a boxing gym. I've often said my temper would be well served by a punching bag here at home. I stand by that.

So what did he do tonight, Miss Pregnancy Pants? I'll tell you. First he was just being really negative in general, and at one point he literally sounded exactly like his father - whom I don't always get along with. (I love his dad, he's a good man, but he and I butt heads a lot.) The older we get, the more J acts and sounds like him. Usually if I tell him he sounds just like his dad he says; I know! Argh! Or something like that. He laughs it off. He sees it, acknowledges it, and moves on. But other times he gets all butt hurt and offended. Guess which reaction I got tonight? Guess!

We made up after that, I told him I was sorry if I hurt his feelings, that I didn't intend to, just that it's so hard to have to listen to him being so negative all the time! He said he didn't think he was and I said ok, I'll start keeping a list.

I thought things were good but then... he had to get water. We don't drink the city water, pretty much no one I know in AZ does, or at least not in the Phoenix Metro area, and he likes to procrastinate when we get low on water, and he winds up having to go when he doesn't want to because he doesn't have a choice, we'll run out. I reminded him he needed to get water tonight, because it was getting late, and he said "I'll take a look." I was like - trust me, we need water. So he checks and reluctantly agrees he'll need to go.

He then picks up my canister of loose change I've been saving, starts to open it, and says, "I'm going to take $2.50 out of here." (note he doesn't ask me, he tells me he's going to take it) I said "No, don't open that!"

I tell him, it's got an electronic lid that counts the money I put in it, and if he takes money out the count will be wrong.

And he then tells me, "Well, I borrowed $2.50 for water the last time." WHAT?!!? Excuse me?

He'd asked me one other time if he could "borrow" money from it for water and I told him NO, definitely not, and I remind him of this - that I'd already told him not to take money from there. He puts the jar down and said, "Oh, well I didn't know that's why you didn't want me to use it, I thought you were just being difficult."

Seriously? I said; "Oh yes, because I really enjoy just being difficult for no reason." WTF?

I was so mad. I AM so mad. So he asks me once, I say no. The next time he just takes it and doesn't ask or tell me. Then tonight, for a 3rd time, he goes to use it again.

First of all, it's my money, and when he asked me the first time and I told him NO, he should leave it alone. Why would he think it's ok to take money out of there the next time? Without asking? And second, whether it was because I had a "good reason" or because I was "just being difficult", it doesn't matter - it's my money and I have a right to say no. And I should be able to expect that he wouldn't just take it without asking, especially after I already told him NO.

What. The. Hell. I went off.
I said; So you stole it?
"I didn't steal it. I borrowed it."
"You took it without asking me, and you haven't put it back. That's stealing." Fucker.

I know, I know - it's $2.50. But it's MY $2.50. He took it without asking. He took it when he KNEW I'd say no because he'd asked once before. He's had over a week to put it back but did not. I doubt he even remembered he took it until he went to take some more tonight. Yes, I'm mad!

UGH!
Jerk.

So mad. Want to punch something. Really need to look into that punching bag thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment